Enrollment for the 2017-2018 School Year
No applications or wait list requests will be accepted for the current 2017-18 school year. If you have any questions, please call 970-986-8219
Enrollment for the 2018-2019 School Year
Being a publicly funded D51 charter school, enrollment in Juniper Ridge Community School is open to all students of the Grand Valley.
Open enrollment for the 2018-2019 School year begins January 29, 2018 and will close March 2, 2018. Should it be needed, a lottery will be held on March 5, 2018. Any students not given a spot following the enrollment process will be placed on a waiting list in the order their name is drawn in the lottery. In the event that your child is put on the wait list, you will be contacted by telephone when a space becomes available. Once offered, you will have 24 hours to accept the position.
Your attendance at one JRCS informational meeting and an application for enrollment are required to be qualified for enrollment.
- Applications can be dropped off at the office during regular business hours, placed in the secure drop box next to the door after hours, or mailed to:
640 24-1/2 Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81505
- A list of all scheduled Informational Meetings can be found HERE.
School tours are available, please call to schedule an appointment at 970-986-8219.
The full enrollment policy can be found HERE.
Choosing a school that is right for you and your child is a difficult decision to make. We at
Juniper Ridge offer every child the opportunity to engage in a rich cultural experience focusing on healthy, strong relationships, the academics and the arts. At Juniper Ridge an important piece to the program is engaging the family to participate and be an extension of the learning in the classroom. Because of this unique approach, families interested in enrolling their child at JRCS are asked to observe the following process:
- Become familiar with the Waldorf developmental and artistic approach to education.
- Make sure children meet the age requirements for Kindergarten and First Grade:
- Kindergarten: Children must be 5 by June 1, 2018
- First Grade: Children must be 6 by June 1, 2018
- Read and agree to school policies and procedures described in the Juniper Ridge Community School Family Handbook.
- Attend a mandatory Information Meeting. School tours are available, please call to schedule an appointment at 970-986-8219.
- Complete and submit a Juniper Ridge Community School 2018-2019 Enrollment Application (available at Information Meetings).