Admissions & Enrollment
Juniper Ridge Community School is a charter public school guided by the core principles of public Waldorf education. We are tuition-free and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or disability. JRCS is open to all students in Mesa County.
As a school of choice with unique offerings and high expectations, it is important that you are well informed prior to applying. An important piece to the program at JRCS is engaging the family to participate and be an extension of the learning in the classroom. Because of this unique approach, families interested in enrolling their child at JRCS are asked to observe the following process:
- Become familiar with the Waldorf developmental and artistic approach to education by reviewing this website and checking out these additional articles and resources: About Public Waldorf Education
- Make sure children meet the age requirements for Kindergarten and First Grade:
- Kindergarten: Children must be 5 by June 1, 2020
- First Grade: Children must be 6 by June 1, 2020
- Attend a mandatory Enrollment Tour. Enrollment Tours are available for adults at 9:00 am on Thursdays throughout the school year. During your visit, you will learn about the curriculum and teaching methods, see the campus, and have the opportunity to ask questions. Please call our office at (970) 986-8219 for a schedule of tours and to RSVP.
- Read and agree to school policies and procedures described in the Juniper Ridge Community School Family Handbook.
- Complete and submit a Juniper Ridge Community School 2020-2021 Enrollment Application (available at at Enrollment Tours).
Enrollment for Kindergarten
- Enrollment Begins: 8:00 am on March 2, 2020
- Enrollment Ends: 4:00 pm on March 31, 2020
- Child must be 5 by June 1, 2020 to be eligible for Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year
A lottery will be held on April 5, 2020 at 9:00 am and is open to the public. Any students not given a spot will be placed on a waiting list in the order their name is drawn in the lottery. In the event that your child is put on the wait list, you will be contacted by telephone when a space becomes available. Once offered, you will have 24 hours to accept the position.
Enrollment for grades 1-8
- Open Enrollment Begins: 8:00 am on March 2, 2020
- Enrollment for grades 1-8 will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- If no spots are available, students will be placed on a waiting list according to the date and time their application is received.
- When a spot becomes available, you will be contacted by telephone when a space becomes available. Once offered, you will have 24 hours to accept the position.
- There is no admission test to get into Juniper Ridge Community School.
Juniper Ridge Community School
615 Community Lane
Grand Junction, CO 81506
Juniper Ridge Community School is a proud member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education.