Admissions & Enrollment
Come on in! We want to show you our school and the great things happening! COVID restrictions don’t allow school tours right now but you can still have a glimpse inside with this video.
As a school of choice with unique offerings and high expectations, it is important that you are well informed prior to applying. An important piece to the program at JRCS is engaging the family to participate and be an extension of the learning in the classroom. Because of this unique approach, families interested in enrolling their child at JRCS are asked to observe the following process:
- Become familiar with the Waldorf developmental and artistic approach to education by reviewing this website and checking out these additional articles and resources: About Public Waldorf Education
- Make sure children meet the age requirements for Kindergarten and First Grade:
- Kindergarten: Children must be 5 by August 31, 2021
- First Grade: Children must be 6 by August 31, 2021
- Attend a mandatory Enrollment Tour. Enrollment Tours are available for adults twice a month throughout the school year. During your visit, you will learn about the curriculum and teaching methods, see the campus, and have the opportunity to ask questions. Please call our office at (970) 986-8219 for a schedule of tours and to RSVP.
- DUE TO COVID-19: We will also be holding monthly Enrollment and Informational Meetings online via Google Meet. Please call our office at (970) 986-8219 for a schedule of tours and to RSVP.
- Read and agree to school policies and procedures described in the Juniper Ridge Community School Family Handbook.
- Complete and submit a Juniper Ridge Community School 2021-2022 Enrollment Application. Available HERE.
Enrollment for Kindergarten
- Open Enrollment Begins: 8:00 am on February 1, 2021
- Open Enrollment Ends: 4:00 pm on March 31, 2021
- Child must be 5 by August 31, 2021 to be eligible for Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year
A lottery will be held on April 5, 2021 at 9:00 am and is open to the public. Any students not given a spot will be placed on a waiting list in the order their name is drawn in the lottery. In the event that your child is put on the wait list, you will be contacted by telephone when a position becomes available. Once offered, you will have 24 hours to accept the position.
After this date, all received applications will be on a first come, first served basis. If you spots are available, students placed on a waiting list for the following year.
Enrollment for grades 1-8
Students are placed on a waiting list based on the date and time a completed application packet is received. Starting on March 8, 2021, we will begin filling open positions. Enrollment continues, pulling students from the waiting list as long as we have open positions.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and students will be placed on the waitlist based on the date and time they are received.
When a position becomes available, you will be contacted via phone and will have 24 hours to accept the position.
Juniper Ridge Community School
615 Community Lane
Grand Junction, CO 81506
Juniper Ridge Community School is a proud member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education.