Juniper Ridge Community School is a Public Waldorf Charter School in Grand Junction, Colorado, part of the Mesa County Valley School District 51 . The school opened in the fall of 2013 with grades K-6 and experienced wonderful success in its inaugural year with nearly 160 students. Each year since it has grown in size and grades. It now has nearly 400 students and offers education for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Current Job Openings:
Juniper Ridge Community School seeks a full-time School Custodian.
- Keep buildings, classrooms, and office spaces in a clean and orderly condition
- Perform heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors and shampooing rugs
- Perform routine maintenance tasks (replenishing paper & soap products)
- Organize custodial closets and spaces
- Maintain working condition of cleaning equipment
- Maintain & order cleaning supplies & products
- Comply and follow all procedures within the JRCS handbook
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload (lifting 50lbs or more) and be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Basic PC skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a background check
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is starting at $28,000.00, based on experience. This is a full time, year-round position based on
our School Calendar with flexible hours during school breaks. Work schedule is Monday – Friday,
starting at 12:00pm to 9:00 pm with one hour unpaid break.
Benefits include paid membership to Appleton Clinic for employee and children, & PERA.
Juniper Ridge Community School is a Public Charter School guided by the core principles of Waldorf education in Grand Junction, Colorado, and is part of the Mesa County Valley School District 51. The school opened in the fall of 2013 with grades K-6 and experienced wonderful success in its inaugural year with nearly 160 students. Each year since it has grown in size and grades. It now has nearly 400 students and offers K-8 for the 2019-2020 school year.
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at: Juniper Ridge Community School, 615 Community Lane, Grand Junction, CO 81506.
What types of teachers are needed at JRCS?
Because the quality of teaching is the key to the Waldorf approach, JRCS expects to hire the most engaged and committed teachers. Teachers will be sought to teach in classrooms from Kindergarten through eighth grade. In addition, specialty teachers will be hired in physical education / movement, music, Spanish, handwork and eurythmy. Part-time teachers and artisans may also be hired to teach gardening, woodworking, art, speech and drama.
What if I am not a Waldorf-certified teacher?
JRCS recognizes that it is unlikely that the majority of teachers will be Waldorf-certified in the first year. However, it is expected that all teachers hired at JRCS begin a training program to obtain Waldorf certification. During the initial years of training, many supports will be provided to teachers including: professional development and workshops, the mentoring of an experienced Waldorf teacher, the Pedogogical Council, and other pre-service training programs.
Juniper Ridge Community School
615 Community Lane
Grand Junction, CO 81506
Juniper Ridge Community School is a proud member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education.