SCHOOL SCHEDULE & ATTENDANCE POLICY
School Day for Kindergarten through Grade 8:
Doors open at 8:10 am, Class starts at 8:20 am
Monday through Thursday – 3:40 pm
Fridays – 12:20 pm
Students not in their classroom, ready to learn by 8:20 am will be considered tardy and will need to check in at the office for a late slip to be admitted into the building.
Drop-off and Pick-up Policy:
- Children are to be dropped off only after 8:00 am. There will be no supervision for them before that. Please follow the drop-off traffic pattern for your child.
- Any children dropped-off before 8:00 am will go to our before school care program. Parents will be charged a fee for this service.
- No children are allowed in the buildings before 8:10 am
- At 8:10 am, the doors are opened and children are welcomed into the buildings. Children are directed to go to their classroom and wait outside the door until greeted by their teacher and welcomed inside.
- Children will be available for pick-up at 3:40 pm. The pick-up area is north of the modulars. Please use the below traffic flow below. Students will remain behind the fence and be released by teachers as parents arrive. If you are parking and walking in to pick up your child, please enter through the east gate and walk to the pick up area. Parents of Kindergarten students can enter through the Kinder gate to sign their Kindergarten students in and out.
- Any children not picked up by 4:00 pm, unless you have made prior arrangements with the teacher or the office, will be taken to the After Care program, and you will be charged a fee for this program.
- If pick up does not occur by 5:30 p.m., the After Care teacher will call Social Services who will pick up the child.
JRCS Traffic Flow for Drop-off and Pick-up:
Attendance and Absences:
We ask that every family respect our requirement that students attend school daily and are
absent only when absolutely necessary. A high absentee level creates serious difficulties for students and for the school. Parents are asked to schedule routine medical and dental
appointments after school hours and to schedule vacations during school breaks.
If your child is going to be absent, due to illness, physician’s appointment or other reasons,
please notify the school by 8:20 am in one of two easy ways:
1. Call the front desk at 986-8219, ext. 111 or
2. Email the front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents should include their name, their child’s name and the reason for the tardy/absence. Parents are asked to call the office each day their child is absent even if the absence is on consecutive days. Parents are also asked to inform their child’s classroom teacher of any circumstances at home that might affect the child’s attendance or performance in school.
For more information regarding our Tardy, Absence and Missed Work Policy, please refer to our Family Handbook.
Visiting the School:
We realize that there are occasions when parents would like to visit their child’s
classroom. Visitors are welcome to our classrooms. In order to arrange a visit, please follow these guidelines:
Please, no unannounced drop-ins. Our daily classroom rhythm is a finely structured,
orchestrated routine. Lessons are an interplay between teacher and students, and student to student. Obviously, a visitor is not engaged in the work and flow of the classroom. As a result, an unexpected visitor can unnecessarily distract both the teacher and students. We ask parents to be sensitive to the fact that in any setting, most of us are uncomfortable being observed. For this reason, we ask parents to respect the teachers’ request to be able to prepare the students for a visitor who is known by some and a stranger to others.
- Please do the following when setting up a classroom visit:
Speak with the teacher prior to the day you wish to visit. You may contact the teacher with your request by phone, email or directly (after school only, please).
- Consider making an appointment to speak with a member of our Pedagogical Council following your visit. We realize that you may come away with questions about what you have observed. Our teaching methods are different than what you may be used to from standard public school education. We are available to speak with, reflect on what you have seen, and answer your questions.
Juniper Ridge Community School
615 Community Lane
Grand Junction, CO 81506
Juniper Ridge Community School is a proud member of the Alliance for Public Waldorf Education.